The simply up to date lolMiner 1.64 is a dream come true (extra efficiency with much less energy used) for everybody that’s at present mining Kaspa (KAS) with their Nvidia GPUs, not solely due to the additional improved efficiency that the replace brings but in addition due to the brand new options it provides entry to the miner for optimizing their GPUs. We did a fast check and the outcomes are nice and it’s best to head on to your mining rigs and replace and begin tweaking the miners some extra for added hashrate and even decrease energy utilization, so a win-win state of affairs for certain.
In keeping with the writer of the miner the brand new model brings about 8-8.5% on Nvidia Pascal GPUs, 4.5-5% on Nvidia Turing and Ampere GPUs and 3-4% on AMD Navi and Massive Navi GPUs when it comes to improved efficiency. And due to the addition of the additional tweaking options and most notably the Core Offset (
--coff parameter) we cannot solely get a lift within the efficiency with the identical settings we have been mining with model 1.63, but in addition get it with lowered energy by simply including the additional choice with a price between 250 and 350 (relying on how a lot your GPUs can deal with secure). The
--no-oc-reset may also be useful if you don’t want to reset the settings you could have utilized to the GPUs when the miner is stopped.
The brand new beta choices could require a video driver replace, relying on how outdated Nvidia video driver you’re utilizing. The outline says you want model 520 or greater, although we’ve got them working efficiently on older 512 driver, however it’s best to most likely simply replace if utilizing older drivers anyway. The opposite new command line choices added for the miner may also assist to additional optimize issues a bit extra, although they may require further tweaking.
lolMiner 1.64 Newest Changelog:
– Improved Kaspa solely mining efficiency. Pace improve is about 8-8.5% on Nvidia Pascal GPUs, 4.5-5% on Nvidia Turing and Ampere GPUs and 3-4% on AMD Navi and Massive Navi GPUs
– Beta function: added choices to set core clock offset (
--coff), reminiscence clock offset (
--moff), energy restrict (
--pl) and a hard and fast fan pace (
--fan) on widespread Nvidia GPUs. Required are admin privileges and Nvidia drivers 520 or greater!
– The syntax is identical as with
--mclk– if a single worth is given then it will likely be utilized to all suitable GPUs, else a coma separated record of values will be given utilizing a * character to skip over GPUs. (1)
– Added a brand new parameter
--no-oc-resetto show off the reset of overclock settings when ending the miner.
– Home windows: Added a beta gui to generate overclock settings strings / .bat information for the miner. Additionally the device can apply the chosen settings instantly.
(1) Notice: No accountability taken for the values set. Please use with care. In case your mining os had construct in capabilities to set these settings we advocate utilizing them as an alternative of the miner settings.
– Fixing a bug with ETHV1 (nicehash) stratum mode that will trigger the employee title to be appended twice when it was given by –consumer . (using –employee didn’t have this concern).
Here’s a fast overview of what enhancements we’re getting with the brand new model on RTX 3070, 3080 and 3090:
GeForce RTX 3070:
lolminer 1.63: 564 MH/s – 120W – 1710/810
lolminer 1.64: 596 MH/s – 95W plus the additional choice
GeForce RTX 3080:
lolminer 1.63: 877 MH/s – 190W – 1800/810
lolminer 1.64: 919 MH/s – 160W plus the additional choice
GeForce RTX 3090:
lolminer 1.63: 1031 MH/s – 200W – 1800/807
lolminer 1.64: 1079 MH/s – 160W plus the additional choice
Right here is an instance you should use for RTX 3070, simply substitute YOUR_KAS_WALLET along with your precise pockets:
lolMiner --algo KASPA --pool stratum+tcp://pool.eu.woolypooly.com --port 3112 --user YOUR_KAS_WALLET --watchdog exit --cclk 1710 --mclk 810 --coff 300
You possibly can attempt to mess around with the core offset setting, although 250 to 350 MHz needs to be protected for many GPUs, some could require decrease setting to perform secure or can take up greater offset for even larger energy financial savings. As for the reminiscence clocks and settings with instance command traces, you may check out the put up the place we speak about Optimizing Nvidia GPUs for Efficiency with Decrease Energy Utilization for Kaspa (KAS) Mining. Simply use these examples for the particular GPUs mentioned there and add the Clock Offset parameter to them as a great start line and see how your energy utilization drops whilst you get additional hashrate after the replace.
– To obtain and take a look at the most recent launch of the lolMiner 1.64 mining software program…
- Publihsed in: Mining Software program|Exams and Opinions
- Associated tags: KAS, KAS mining, KAS mining optimization, Kaspa, Kaspa mining, Kaspa mining optimization, kHeavyHash, kHeavyHash algorithm, kHeavyHash KAS, kHeavyHash Kaspa, kHeavyHash miner, kHeavyHash mining software program, kHeavyHash PoW, lolMiner, lolMiner 1.64, lolMiner dual-mining, lolMiner KAS, lolMiner KAS miner, lolMiner KAS mining, lolMiner Kaspa, lolMiner Kaspa miner, lolMiner Kaspa mining, lolMiner kHeavyHash, lolMiner new model, lolMiner triple-mining, lolMiner replace, Nvidia KAS mining, Nvidia Kaspa mining
Test Some Extra Related Crypto Associated Publications: