Meta, previously Fb, has filed eight trademark functions with america Patent and Trademark Workplace (USPTO) regarding blockchain, crypto and the social media large’s metaverse push.
See associated article: Meta showcases give attention to AI, declares new voice assistant program
- One in all these functions features a trademark for cryptocurrency companies together with alternate companies and a digital forex pockets.
- One other trademark is specified for on-line networking and relationship companies, with point out of companies for folks interested by cryptocurrency investing.
- A non-cryptocurrency trademark software referenced digital actuality and augmented actuality promoting.
- “These filings mirror the corporate’s technique for transferring into the metaverse. Meta clearly has vital plans for the digital financial system that may drive it,” mentioned Mike Kondoudis, Washington, D.C.-based trademark lawyer, in an announcement.
- The trademark functions had been filed on March 18 and USPTO may take eight months to course of.
See associated article: Metaverse Set to Increase NFTs