Chinese language telecommunications tools maker ZTE has efficiently registered a variety of metaverse-related English emblems.
See associated article: ‘Metaverse’ enters authorities radar at China’s Two Periods
- ZTE’s emblems fall beneath the scientific tools and communication companies classes, setting the stage for the agency to supply associated companies within the metaverse.
- The partially state-owned Chinese language telecom large was deemed a risk to nationwide safety by the U.S., resulting in President Joe Biden banning ZTE from receiving new tools licenses within the nation.
- On Tuesday, a U.S. court docket dominated that ZTE ought to be allowed to finish its five-year probation for violating U.S. sanctions for unlawful delivery of U.S. know-how to Iran and North Korea.
- The metaverse was examined at a nationwide stage at China’s Two Periods final month, the nation’s most necessary set of political conferences.
- The Nationwide Mental Property Administration mentioned in February it had obtained at the least 16,000 trademark functions containing the phrase “metaverse.”
See associated article: 16,000 metaverse trademark functions filed, unlikely to go in China